Purple tip TRI-ELEMENT tungsten electrode is one of the newest types of tungsten electrodes and it is considered the improved and Non-Radioactive replacement for the Red Thoriated electrode. Can weld at lower temperatures than other types of tungsten electrode and provides fast, consistent arc starts. It can perform both AC and DC welding applications. Recommended for: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloys, Titanium Alloys, Aluminum Alloys Tungsten Electrodes for TIG welding: Tungsten electrodes are used when arc welding with the Tungsten Inert gas (TIG) process, or when plasma welding. In both processes, the electrode, arc and weld pool are protected from atmospheric contamination by an inert gas. A tungsten electrode is used because it can withstand very high temperatures with minimal melting or erosion. Tungsten electrodes are made by powder metallurgy and are formed to size after sintering. TIG welding tungsten electrodes usually contain small quantities of other metallic oxides which can offer the following benefits:- facilitate arc starting increase arc stability improve the current-carrying capacity of the rod. reduce the risk of weld contamination increase electrode life
- SÜA sets the new standard in tungsten electrodes. Only the purest certified materials are used in the manufacturing process of this electrodes.
- Type: Purple Tip - Tri Element - WR - EWG
- Ground Finish - Recommended for: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloys, Titanium Alloys, Aluminum Alloys
- Electrodes Length: 7"
- You will receive 1 Pack with 10 Electrodes
- Available sizes: 0.04", 1/16", 3/32", 1/8"
- Available Mixed Packages: 0.04" & 1/16", 1/16" & 3/32", 3/32" & 1/8"