Gold tip 1.5% lanthanated tungsten electrodes contain slightly less lanthanum than the blue 2% lanthanated electrodes and are best used in DC applications. They provide excellent arc starting at low amperages and temperatures. Longer lifetime than WT electrodes and no tendency towards slagging. Recommended for: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper Alloys, Nickel Alloys, Titanium Alloys Tungsten Electrodes for TIG welding: Tungsten electrodes are used when arc welding with the Tungsten Inert gas (TIG) process, or when plasma welding. In both processes, the electrode, arc and weld pool are protected from atmospheric contamination by an inert gas. A tungsten electrode is used because it can withstand very high temperatures with minimal melting or erosion. Tungsten electrodes are made by powder metallurgy and are formed to size after sintering. TIG welding tungsten electrodes usually contain small quantities of other metallic oxides which can offer the following benefits:- facilitate arc starting increase arc stability improve the current-carrying capacity of the rod. reduce the risk of weld contamination increase electrode life
- sets the new standard in tungsten electrodes. Only the purest certified materials are used in the manufacturing process of this electrodes.
- Type: Gold Tip - 1.5% Lanthanated - WL15 - EWLa1.5
- Ground Finish - Recommended for: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper Alloys, Nickel Alloys, Titanium Alloys
- Electrodes Length: 7"
- You will receive 1 Pack with 10 Electrodes
- Available sizes: 0.04", 1/16", 3/32", 1/8"
- Available Mixed Packages: 0.04" & 1/16", 1/16" & 3/32", 3/32" & 1/8"