SÜA Silver Brazing Solder Rod - Bare - 45% - AWS BAg-5 - Size: 1/16" x 18"
* Remove any oil, grease, or other contaminants from the surface to be brazed.
* Apply flux to joint by dipping, swabbing or brushing area being brazed. The flux may be used as supplied or diluted.
* Apply heat, by torch, induction or other means to area being brazed after flux has been applied to activate the flux.
* Feed the braze alloy into the joint, unless a brazing preform is already in place.
* Clean flux residues from brazed joint using hot water (60°C ± 5°C / 140°F ± 10°F) for best results. If unavailable, room temperature water may also be used.
WARNING: PROTECT yourself and others. Read and understand this information. FUMES AND GASES can be hazardous to your health. HEAT RAYS, (infrared radiation) from flame or hot metal can injure eyes. Before use, read and understand the manufacturer’s instructions, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and your employer's safety practices. Keep your head out of fumes. Use enough ventilation, exhaust at the flame, or heat source, to keep fumes and gases from your breathing zone and the general area. Wear correct eye, ear, and body protection. See American National Standard Z49.1, Safety in Welding, Cutting, and Allied Processes, published by the American Welding Society, 8669 Doral Blvd., Doral, Florida 33166; OSHA Safety and Health Standards, available from the U.S. Government Office, Washington, DC 20402.