- 45% Silver Brazing is a cadmium-free alloy with an intermediate melting temperature range of (145°F/63°C) with good fillet forming properties, the plastic range of this rod gives an advantage when filling loose connections. This 45% silver alloy has good joint strength and ductility at a moderately higher temperature.
- Complies with ANSI/AWS A5.8 ASME SFA 5.8, QQ-B-654A Class BAg-5 specifications. It can be used for brazing of tubular assemblies, brazing of musical brass instruments, brass lamps, aircraft engine oil coolers. 45% Silver is a general-purpose, brazing filler metal for use where cadmium-free filler metal is required.
- The final properties of a joint brazed with 45% Silver are dependent upon numerous factors including base metal properties, joint design and metallurgical interaction between the base metal and the filler metal.
- Diameter of rod: 1/16” - Length: 18” - No flux is required for copper brazing. For brazing brass or copper to brass, use white silver brazing flux.
- Available in 3, 5 and 9 Sticks Packages. Select your option from the menu.
WARNING: PROTECT yourself and others. Read and understand this information. FUMES AND GASES can be hazardous to your health. HEAT RAYS, (infrared radiation) from flame or hot metal can injure eyes. Before use, read and understand the manufacturer?s instructions, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and your employer's safety practices. Keep your head out of fumes. Use enough ventilation, exhaust at the flame, or heat source, to keep fumes and gases from your breathing zone and the general area. Wear correct eye, ear, and body protection. See American National Standard Z49.1, Safety in Welding, Cutting, and Allied Processes, published by the American Welding Society, 8669 Doral Blvd., Doral, Florida 33166; OSHA Safety and Health Standards, available from the U.S. Government Office, Washington, DC 20402.