Introduction: D256 is a high manganese steel surfacing electrode with low hydrogen potassium type coating AC/DC. (When AC welding, Open circuit (no load) voltages of arc welding should be higher than 70V). When surfacing use low current, narrow bead, hammer or water quench immediately when hot to reduce crack tendency. Use in austenitic high manganese steel Recommendations for welding: Austenitic manganese steels, in as cast condition or as weld metal, are sensitive to hot shortness and may crack if subjected to excessive heat. Under normal conditions the base material should not be preheated and interpass temperatures above 200 ?C should be avoided. Welding outdoor in very cold weather, the base material should be warmed up to 50-100 ?C. Weld metal hardness, (all weld metal): As welded....180-200 HB. (no preheat, interpass temperature 100-150 ?C.) Work hardened...44-48 HRC. (About 25 % degree of reduction.) Machinability: Grinding is normally applied. Overheating must be avoided. Redrying the electrodes: 200 ?C, 2 h.
- D256 is a high manganese steel surfacing electrode with low hydrogen potassium type coating AC/DC+
- Weld metal hardness, (all weld metal): HB ? 170
- Min AC OCV: 70 - Polarity: AC, DC +
- Application?Used for surfacing welding on abrasion parts of all kinds of crushers, high-manganese steel rails, buckets, bulldozers, etc
- You will receive 11 Lb of 14"L x ÃƒËœ1/8" Electrodes